Numalogics is looking for an engineer/scientist specialized in finite element simulation (structural mechanics) with expertise in fatigue simulation.
Expected Start Date: June 2021
The core expertise of the Numalogics’ simulation team revolves around modeling the human-object interaction. We develop and exploit finite element models in all domains focusing on the human body (medicine, sports, security, protection, orthotics, prosthetics, etc.). Our goal is to use these models to improve the performance, comfort, security, and lifetime of our customers’ products and of their users.
The candidate will have to develop new automated, stable and fast finite element simulation processes in the medical field. These simulation processes are intended to be integrated into software used by medical personnel (surgeons, etc.) and the candidate must therefore be able to interact with teams dedicated to pure software development. The candidate will also perform dedicated biomechanical simulations for both internal and client-based projects. Creativity and the ability to solve complex problems while remaining pragmatic in approach and methodology are essential qualities that the candidate must possess in order to successfully complete the projects entrusted to him/her.
- Conduct Finite Element Simulations using the ANSYS software (pre-, solve, and post-processing)
- Automate and integrate simulation processes in software for medical personnel
- Solve complex biomedical/biomechanical problems using engineering judgement
- Translate simulation expertise to the rest of the team
- Participate in diverse internal or client-driven R&D projects
- Respond to client needs in a timely manner
- Participate in congresses, conferences, and/or seminars related to the biomedical field
- Prepare simulation test reports for clients or internally with a scientific rigor
- Participate in more than one project based on the team’s needs
- Prepare documents as per the company’s quality system
- Minimum B.S. Mechanical Engineering or equivalent science discipline is required. M.Sc. or a Ph.D. preferred.
- Minimum 4 years computational modeling experience is required, preferably using the ANSYS software. Medical devices industry experience is preferred.
- Experience with biomedical engineering simulation is required, preferably in spinal instrumentation and medical device simulation.
- Experience in fatigue simulation is preferred.
- Experience with Model verification and validation experience is preferred.
- Experience with medical devices (Spine or Orthopedic) is highly preferred.
- Advanced knowledge in finite element simulation software, such as ANSYS, LS-DYNA and/or Hyperworks experience is a must. Advanced knowledge in ANSYS Parametric Design Language (APDL) is a plus.
- Experience with commercially available programming languages such as Python, C#, C, or C++ is preferred.
- Must be able to collaborate effectively in a team environment.
- Must be able to effectively communicate highly technical information to a diverse audience.
- Must be highly organized, able to work on concurrent projects, and meet tight deadlines.
- Must be able to work autonomously on various projects with little supervision.
- Familiarity with statistical methods, design optimization and experimental design preferred (Gauge R&R and DOE) is a plus.
- Familiarity with CAD, Siemens NX (Unigraphics) and/or Creo and/or SolidWorks is preferred. Experience with SpaceClaim is a plus.
- The ability to review and critically assess computational modeling documentation is a must.
- The ability to review and prepare peer reviewed journal articles is preferable.
- The ability to translate customer requirements to concrete design objective is a must.
- Knowledge in QMS is a plus.
- Knowledge in Risk Management for medical devices is a plus.
- Knowledge of ISO 13485:2016 Medical Device Standard is a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office is a plus.
- Proficiency in English and French.
- Knowledge of research and development processes
- Ability to solve complex problems while being pragmatic in the approach and methodology
- Autonomy, creativity, and attention to details
Please share your story with our team at [email protected]